NHMRC – Investigator Grant Application Workshop
Live Online Workshop
29% of our consulting clients have won an NHMRC Investigator Grant
This workshop supports participants through the process of planning their application, writing a vision and knowledge gain sections, writing a compelling impact narratives in your track record, and showcasing leadership contributions. We want to help participants take their work to the next level. This workshop will build the skills, and help participants understand tools to capture meaningful information to use when writing about knowledge gain and impact in grant applications.
We have been working with researchers on their NHMRC Investigator Grant Applications since they introduced the new scheme in late 2019. Our consulting options fill fast, but we have noticed that when applicants take our workshop, they come to us with a better draft.
This online workshop works through all the elements of the application to give participants the best chance of success.
There is an increasing need to understand how to best structure, articulate and communicate your research knowledge gain, and your research impact and leadership track record. This workshop is designed to help you do just that.
Workshop Structure & Modules:
The workshop can be broken into four two-hour sessions. Each session is live and particpants will work on thier grant applications. We have divided the workshop to give you time to work between sessions and to tend to your other ongoing research tasks. All sessions will be live online so that participants have the opportunity to fully participate in the same way they would in a traditional face to face workshop. We use Zoom for the sessions, and participants have the ability to ask questions using their microphones. If you can’t make a session, you will get access to the recording so you can catch up.
- Investigator grant basics and considerations
- Mapping out your project proposal
- Writing a project vision
- Determining your knowledge gain and writing a compelling statement
- Language, wording and structure of your proposal elements
- Revisiting your project map and project vision
- Your top five research publications
- Breaking down the impact track record components
- Understanding your impact pathway
- Mapping the impact elements of your chosen program of research
- What goes in each section and how to frame the elements
- Leadership sections
- Types of information to include in each section
- How to show leadership rather than telling
- The ten step check list for your application
Your Workshop Facilitators
Dr Tamika Heiden
Principal, Research Impact Academy
Associate, Research Impact Academy
Confidence in writing your knowledge gain five pages
- You will understand how to position your research to highlight the knowledge gain
- We will help you explain your work in a clear and logical manner
- You will have a clear project vision that aligns with your work
Track record components
- Identify exactly what needs to be presented in each section of your track record
- Know how to write about your leadership and best represent your top five publications
- A clear plan of what to write in each of the three impact sections
Track record components
- Building your case study, examples of good and bad impact sections
- Using a story narrative to articulate your research impact in a compelling way
- Linking the research and the researcher’s contribution to the impact
Feedback from our clients
Leave us your details so we can tell you when we will be running a workshop near you. We will never give your details to anyone and we promise not to send you endless information!
What people are saying about our workshops & training…
I feel able to apply all that I have learned
This course increased my understanding of how to consider impact in research design and provided practical tools to support that process. I feel able to apply all that I have learned into research planning and demosntrate more clearly how my projects create impact.
This workshop provided me the opportunity to learn how to effectively communicate my research
This training is grounded in good theory and evidenced recommendations about research impact. I highly recommend this training for those who think they may need clear and specific guidance on how to effectively demonstrate the significance and reach of their research, and those who need someone to walk them through step-by-step on how to plan for demonstrable impact.
Thank you for providing a practical, timely workshop to support my impact evidence gathering
Thank you for providing a practical, timely workshop to support my impact evidence gathering. I will use the resources provided to demonstrate my research impact on complex social problems. I particularly appreciated the breaking down of different types of impact, from policy impact examples, to health, economic, environmental and social cultural.