Implementation Science fundamentals
Implementation science is important for achieving lasting impact
What is implementation science?
Implementation science is the process of putting to use or integrating new practices within a setting, be it service or practice or policy change.
Implementation science focuses on taking interventions that have been found to be effective using methodologically rigorous designs (e.g., randomised controlled trials, quasi-experimental designs, hybrid designs) under real-world conditions, and integrating them into practice settings using deliberate strategies and processes.
With the advent of implementation science, there has been a plethora of models and processes developed and tested that show the necessary factors to consider both in preparing for and in doing your implementation.
This workshop focuses on how to move existing evidence into a practice of policy setting.
- Learn about the models and frameworks for implementation.
- Understand the terminology, definitions and processes required for effective implementation.
- Learn what makes for effective implementation, teams, processes, factors, strategies and evaluation.
- Understand the mechanisms and how to of implementation teams.
- Know how to select an appropriate implementation process.
- Develop strategies to assess organisational readiness and ensure implementation fidelity.
- Understand organisational change mechanisms and human behaviour elements to ensure your success.
Leave us your details so we can tell you when we will be running a workshop near you. We will never give your details to anyone and we promise not to send you endless information!
All our workshops include
To examine our performance (impact), and to provide feedback regarding the value of the workshop to the individual and their organisation.
During the workshop participants will work on relevant elements for their own projects. Participants will leave with ideas and a plan of next steps to be undertaken.
Handouts, activity sheets and information. Participants will have a valuable resource to refer back to as they implement their new knowledge.
All workshops include a follow-up coaching session with each participant to cover any questions and concerns and to facilitate the implementation process.
Participants will use action items developed during the workshop to develop a purposeful and strategic plan. We make sure that time out for this workshop is not wasted but instead leveraged.